Saturday 17 March 2012

BE THANKFUL!!!




      Hey guys, what’s up, hope you enjoyed last week’s post thanks for the comments and for those who wanted to but couldn’t, sorry about that  J , to comment, select ‘comment as name/url’ and put your name and ignore the ‘url’ slot, then publish.

      Okay, moving on, this week’s post is kind of religious and pretty long x_x , I got two of my friends to write for me on this, Tobi and Dami!  Dami is writing on being ‘thankful’  and Tobi wrote  a little poem-like something :D Till next week, GOD bless you, Bye! Enjoy J



DAMI ADEYEMI (@coolestisdname)

  First, I'd like to thank Denike, the owner of this blog for coming to me on this one and GOD for the ability to create this write up. My opinion might not be general so I would beg to differ to some people who do not agree with my view.

   Christianity today is one that should be viewed in several ways especially because of the dynamic nature of the world we live in but I'd like to focus on just one aspect; being thankful.

   We find ourselves living in a world where we serve the "god" that is ready to do everything our heart longs for and forget to thank GOD for even the opportunity to breath. Most people wake up every day asking GOD to do this and that but few of us take time out to only thank HIM for the opportunity to see a new day. It is funny how we humans have lost touch of the important things in life and gone on a wild-goose chase of the earthly materials. Sincerely, how many of us thank God for sight, ability to hear, feel, taste, perceive etc? Imagine yourself not being able to hear what people are saying but you can see them talk or not being able to see the people talking but you can hear them or not even being able to see oneself. Now imagine not being able to see or hear. Yeah! The world becomes very lonely. I wouldn't like to imagine what the Nigerian legendary artiste, producer; Cobahms feels-being blind from birth. It is a fact if we say no one is perfect and that includes me but let us cultivate the habit of thanking GOD; even when your day goes bad, thank HIM for the opportunity to be alive and the chance to even conceive that the day didn't go well.

    Being thankful also shows our level of faith in CHRIST. A statement reads "Faith is not only believing that GOD would do it, it is knowing that HE has done it" and when you know someone has done something for you, the next thing to do is to be thankful. When I am about to write an exam, I try my best not to ask GOD for success, I rather thank HIM for giving me the best result according to HIS will because believe me or not, GOD's will and purpose for you is greater than what you can ever want for yourself.

     Also, thank GOD for everything, every single thing; the ability to move your fingers is by HIS grace and not because of the muscles you have, the fact that you got out of bed and went into the bathroom and you suffered no injury, thank HIM. Some might think about this and say it wouldn't be easy and yeah you are right but when you develop it to become a habit, you would even start being thankful unconsciously. It’s just like the ability to walk, it must have been very difficult to stand up on our own when we were toddlers because we preferred sitting, crawling with our chest and some of us with our butt but now, standing and walking to us, is the usual way of life and crawling seems to be a lot of work for us.

      Yes! Thank GOD even when things are going bad, in fact when things are in the worst case. A quote says "GOD is like our lecturers or teachers, always quiet during a test". When things are going bad, it is the moment to thank GOD more because you believe you are coming out a better person from that situation. See the bad scenario as a challenge or a stepping stone to take you higher or an opportunity for you to become great. It is just like the case of the eagles who use the storm as a propellant for them to soar higher and spread their wings, it is at such moments the eagles fly effortlessly, little wonder why they are called the kings of the sky. Never stop thanking GOD when things get bad. The saddest part is the fact that some Christians today are ready to serve another god or leave the presence of GOD as soon as their desires are not being met.

   Dear readers, thanking GOD helps us achieve a lot of things with GOD. Our GOD does not fail and HIS words never change, HE knows this and would never want to be wrong, so why not test HIM by thanking HIM in advance for what you believe HIM for. It is just the same way some of us act with our friends especially when we want them to help us with something, we start saying "thank you" even before they give us their words and to most of the cases, they end up answering us especially when they are in the position to. GOD is also our friend, our father, our brother and our divine companion. Having all these titles are not just for decorations, they come with responsibilities and as long as you do your part (acting according to HIS words) trust me, the LORD would never fail in doing HIS part and carrying out HIS responsibilities.  I'm lucky to have met some people who practice this "thankful spirit" and believe in thanking GOD in advance for something they desire, they have the best answers to what they have been experiencing.

     This is where we drop the curtain for "being thankful" today. It sure entails a lot more but going into details would require writing a book but believe me, the few you have learnt here, if practised, would work a great deal for you. Thank you for taking your time out to read this write up and God bless you. (Read Psalm 50:14)



TOBI ANIYI (@fweshmind)



PAST STOP CHASING ME

Thoughts of you affect me always

Allow me go through the right path, please

I have given my life God now,

I know you just said ‘wow!’

It’s all for my good

I now feed my spirit with the right food

I am equipped with all the Godly armour

So my life will surely remain glamorous.



Why do you still remind me of my past?

You make it flash so fast

I know it is my waste

But you make it look good to taste

Struggling to fulfil my promise of not going back.

But my past makes it look like there’s something I lack.

Going through many things, I think God would come second

This past stuck to me like glue

But God, only you can make me go higher

I need to drop the past to get God's fire

Great people had their past to overcome

So I would overcome because of what I want to become

That should be my motto

In order to be present in the world’s celebrity photo.

3 comments:

  1. Soremekun Eniola17 March 2012 at 19:13

    Its a great opportunity to read this work of talent by incredibly great people...I'm impressed.the world is waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete