Thursday 24 May 2012

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW : TRICK.



This is an exclusive interview with Trick,most of us have heard about his mixtape dropping in a few days,may 29th to be precise,i personally cant wait , Trick,as we all call him is a very gifted rapper,different from others,hope you enjoy the interview. And please,do look out for his mixtape, WAYWARD LIFESTYLE , dropping on the 29th of May.


What is your name?
- Kevwe Tobi Tony-Nomuoja
Where are you from?
- Delta state
How did you come up with your name "Trick"?
-It started Back in high school, my friends called me 'Trick' cuz I was the smartest in the crew lol! Then the name stuck
How would you describe your music and being an upcoming artist in Nigeria.
- My music is dynamic...I'm not the regular rapper, I don't limit myself to rap alone, I've started producing nd singing to. Lol ...and about being an upcoming artist in Nigeria...well it has been good as u know.. like every other field has its ups and downs but with Gods help and support from my team.
Thinking back to early childhood,
what was your first experience with music
for the first time like?  What song do you
remember most as a child?
- My first experience of music is kinda hard cos I wanna believe that I've been a fan of music since the very beginning... But I remember i became a fan of MJ real early...I also remember thinking he was not human (lool) .. Cos he looked soo unreal to me with all the lights nd the super fans (girls)... Nd I wanted to be like him.. I don't think anyone has changed that yet. Lol
What was the first song that you
ever sang?  How did it make you feel?
- 'I run' with mayday, floww and couple other artistes. It was a good start for me, made music look promising I wanted to do more..professionally
What are your songs about? (What
specific themes do they cover?)
- Everything...how I feel..a whole lot of topics..ranging from love,money,the fast life, down to personal life experiences, from the pain we feel to the struggle we all go through..
If you had to categorise your music,
what genre would it best fit?
- Hiphop .I believe a complete musician can appeal to all types of people, so that's what I try to do.
What are your achievements so far in the Nigeria music Industry?
- My wait is over freestyle was nominated in the best freestyle category on an online top10 Countdown alongside other rappers in the game like Sauce kid. My music has been able to create a fanbase for me in and outside the country ..My journey has just begun ... I have also bn mentioned alongside talented people like iceprince and wizkid to spearhead the change in Nigerian music
Who is your fan/customer?  Do you
have a fan club or street team?
- Right now I don't believe in having fans...I prefer to refer to them as believers...people who believe my music and the message I'm passing across..they don't have to be branded as a fan club or a street team but the recent boost in my music has shown that I have people that believe in me and what I'm doing
Do you have any fan "believer' comments of
how your music has affected or changed
them?
- def yes, if I start that topic we won't even finish this interview today. But I can say the best I've heard this year is when a mentor told me 'Your story reminds me of JayZ' Lol
Art & Music has an impact on both
young and old.  Everyone loves a celebrity,
so what advice do you have for the youth of
today?
- God 1st...over the years I have learnt a lot and lately I realized the value and importance of the God factor in our lives...apart from that keep your head up..life is a crazy place the ability to be strong and mentally ready for anything given to you will set you apart from the rest.. No time for Dulling
Do you have your own favorite type
of music and is it any different from what
you play now?
- As I said earlier I love good music but my fav genre will hav to be hip hop ..... and that's what I do right now...so its ideal for me
How do you handle the ladies around you, as a celebrity "to be"? Do you have someone you are in a relationship with?
- The ladies have bn great  ..helpful and all...but then I like to seperate work from pleasure ...and yeah I'm seeing someone..
If you are to make a shout out, who is it going to be directed to?
- My mother and my team..they have bn there for me through the struggle so now that things are getting better for me I have to show them that I appreciate them

No comments:

Post a Comment