Tuesday 26 June 2012

Interview : PRODUCER XTRAODINARE J-VIRUS.

Hello, we bring you the second interview in the series of interviews we are gonna be bringing you;. Of both upcoming and already established acts in the Entertainment industry, particularly the Music Scenery. Our first was an amazing upcoming rapper, Trick 
@official_trick who recently dropped his mixtape Wayward Lifestyle ,now We introduce J Virus, an upcoming producer and aspiring singer/rapper, we don’t know which one yet…..he stands out from the pack, and is set to make his mark on the timeline. Enjoy

Can you tell me your real names?
J Virus – Olugbenga Joseph Jide
 What do you do currently? Are you a full time producer?
J Virus – I’m still studying, and doing my music alongside some business
What school is that?
J Virus – Don’t wanna disclose that
Ohh, so it’s classified?
J Virus – Yeah, kinda
What other kinda business are you involved in then?
J Virus – Buying and selling, computers most especially
 So where are you based?
J Virus – I’m based in Ikeja, Lagos
How did you start producing?
J Virus – Music has being my thing right from time, you know, always listening to soundtracks extensively. Sketching out in my head the way all the different sounds were put together then I start creating additional tunes to the music. It has always being in me. I went fully into producing when I met a producer who mentored me (Ghost Kid). He put me through the basics and wao, I’m thanking God already.
Hmmm, what softwares do you use?
J Virus – Fruity loops, Sonar, Cube Base, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools
Which do you prefer software or live instruments when making a beat?
J Virus – I kinda mix both; I play instruments, and I mix it with a little software pattern
What genre of music would you say you prefer producing; comes easy to you
J Virus – I produce all genres, it just depends on the inspiration.
Hmmm, feeling like a boss I see
Lets talk about your released works, any tracks I might have listened to?
J Virus – Yeah; We Taking Ova – TL Swaggz
Watch Me – Dvoice Ft D West
Hmmm, none of them rings a bell, any others?
J Virus – yeah, most of them still in the vault, I’ve produced about 20 released track though
What year did you start producing professionally?
J Virus – Three years ago when I produced Goin Crazy – So Paulo Ft Vaice Blaq, 2009 to be precise
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
J Virus – 5 years... I’ll be a more sophisticated Jesse Jagz of Today
Hmmm, do you see yourself rapping or singing in the nearest future like nowadays producers?
J Virus – Yes, but for now I’m keeping my voice microwaved
Soo, any big collabs cooking in the lab?
J Virus – Yeah, definitely, lips sealed for now though
What upcoming artistes are you working with at the moment?
J Virus – TL Swaggz, Max Jhymes, Lilkid, D-West, JayTat among others
If you could pick one artist locally, who would it be
J Virus – Jesse Jagajaga (Omo Abaga) Jargo, J-Jaga
Hmmm, I’m guessing Jesse Jagz is your role model, what about internationally?
J Virus – Tyga
Wow, wasn’t expecting that
Any tracks we should look out for real soon?
J Virus – Yep; Boy on Fire Ft Kenny, TL Swaggz, JayTat, LilKid, Mak Jaymes and I Rep Me Ft TL Swaggz,
Kenny, D-West and Kooze
As we begin to round up, who are your favourite artistes at the moment, locally and
Internationally
J Virus – 2Face Idibia and Chris Brown
Are you currently signed to a record label?
J Virus – Yep, currently signed Music Bone Media (MBM) and ClearCut Entertainment

As we wish him success in his future endeavours, we bring you some of his produced-released tracks as we anticipate more GOOD music very soon. Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment