Monday 8 October 2012

Dayniike meets Upcoming artist , AJEMINA.




I recently met one of our very own fast rising upcoming artist, AJEMINA, we all remember her from the song she did with IYANYA, "FELELE",well she granted me an interview,she is a fun person i must confess, ENJOY!!!

Dayniike: tell us a lilttle bout Ajemina  ??
> Ajemina is the last born from a family of 4. I come from Rivers state, I'm a christian and a lover of good music.

Dayniike: Ok A.j, any loves other than music ?
>Other than music, I enjoy dancing, watching movies, playing games, hanging out with my friends,having a good laugh in general.. And yea, eating cake!!!! LOL

Dayniike: when did you realize your love for singing ?
>From what I can remember, I would say primary school, I used to sing a lot with my elder sister! We spent a lot of time singing 'the boy is mine' Lol! In secondary school, I enjoyed entertaining my classmates and room mates! So those were my early experiences.

Dayniike: Have you Always Enjoyed the Art of Music ?
>Yes I have! I believe music is life. There is a song for every situation, be it gospel, soul, hip hop, R n B, AfroBeats etc. So you could listen to any genre depending on how you feel. Music is a healer, you could find the message you need in a song! So I enjoy the art of music.

Dayniike: ok as a new artiste,aw has the journey been so far?
>The journey so far can be described as a bitter sweet feeling. Its sweet cos people appreciate your song, people you've never met. That's an amazing feeling. It also feels awesome to live your dream(s), not everyone has that privilege. Its bitter because as a new artist especially a female
 act, it's really hard to push your music. My label and I keep putting in the work so people can appreciate the music and the brand we're promoting.  Nothing is so easy in the beginning thus I'm taking it as it comes, one step at a time. However the Record Label am under have made the ride as smooth as possible thus far and by God's grace I hope to be the best in what I do!

Dayniike: Ok You ever performed on stage before ?
>Yea I have, in unilag


Dayniike: Do You have stage fright ? "IF NO" how did you overcome it ?
 >Yes I do!!! I have performed just once and it wasn't a piece of cake! I studied theatre arts in Unilag so I thought performing would be so easy. Iv come to understand that it isn't. Stage Confidence would come as I keep performing. I can't wait! Lol

Dayniike: Hmm, listened to your Song "FELELE" ft Iyanya.. Lovely song,what inspired the song?
> Thanks dear. My record label and I decided an up tempo song would be appropriate for my debut single . Something people could dance to. The title "FELELE" isn't something strange to Nigerians. Its a very familiar word to. So we have a title people can relate to,  beat they can dance to, and lyrics they would love to sing along too! PERFECT!

Dayniike: Are you signed to a record Label ?
>Yes I am. Its called 'Slick Mo Entertainment'!! Big S/o to them..

Dayniike: Are you open to travelling to any location where there's a concert ?
> Yea I'm very open to travelling for Concerts, it comes with the job, should be fun! Looking forward to it

Dayniike: Do you write lyrics of songs on your own, if yes, what is ur
motivation ?
> I write songs and I also have a songwriter. So I could write a song and I could also have a songwriter write for me. You could have an idea and a songwriter could take the idea to places you never imagined.

Dayniike:  ok, any advice for Aspiring Artiste's ?

>My advise to aspiring artistes, keep your head up, pray often, be determined and work hard!!! keep pushing till you get there.



Dayniike: aw supportive are ur parents towards ur music?

>Shockingly they are, wasn't easy tho. They still have rules n all, I'm not as free as a bird yet! Lol... But as I progress, am sure they would be more relaxed..


Dayniike: Nice talking with you A.j :-)
>It was really nice talking to you daynike. I had a fun time

No comments:

Post a Comment